Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Mama!

Today was my beautiful mother's birthday! Instead of going out to dinner; my grandparents cooked dinner for us at their house.  Even though they only live half an hour away I never get a chance to see them so it was so great to spend time with them tonight. 



 


I know I am probably completely biased but I think I have one of the greatest moms in the world.  She is a real life Martha Stewart - she can literally do anything.  Whether it is planning a gala to coordinating nightly dinners for an ill neighbor I can always tell when it has the mark of my mom on it.  Everything she does has the distinct care and precision that only someone like her can bring to the table.  I can not tell you how many Halloween costumes she has sewn, birthday cupcakes she has made or hours she has spent with me on the phone.  There are absolutely no words to describe how amazing she is.  I have always heard how lucky I am to have someone like her in my life and the older I get the more I have noticed it and appreciated it.  She has such a big heart and always finds a way to see the positive in a situation.  She is the definition of a "doer" and finds a way to make it happen.  
Total Babe 

Last month my parents became empty nesters.  At first I was a little worried for them.  My mom has spent the last 24 years of her life completely dedicated to her family.  With all three of us gone I was thinking this poor woman is going to lose it.  Whose high school auction will she chair?  No more PTA. No more Athletic Advisory Board meetings...  In my mind she was going to be doomed.  So I stepped up and came up with a wish list of crafting for her to complete for me :)  The result of my parents first month as empty nesters got me reupholstered cushions for our living room as well as a beautiful fabric headboard for my room!  And I kid you not - not only was she so excited for these new projects but they turned out incredible! In all, my mom is one of the people I look up to the most and my role model.  If I can put even half as much devotion and love into my life as she does I know I will turn out just fine.  Until than I will continue adding to my wish list of crafting to busy my energizer bunny mother - it is the least I can do!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA! HERE'S TO MANY MANY MORE!















She does not like this picture but I think it is so cute. They are SO young.


TLD

No comments:

Post a Comment